We were asked to record a broadcast with a topic related to technology, I had to rant about my phone.
Script:
Hi Everyone,
When I was told I had to record a podcast about technology, I could only
think of one thing that’s been driving me insane lately, my phone.
My name is Gaser El Safty, and I'm going to rant about Blackberries.
I never liked this phone to begin with, I never even knew what It could
do, but I was first introduced to it as more of a trend than a piece of
hardware, they were everywhere, the red LED
light, that annoying *Ring*, it drove me insane. I even took up an article to compare it to an
iPhone.
Eventually that same newspaper I wrote the article for drove me to
buying a Blackberry. After I did my
research turns out the phone had internet access, emails come to you as if text
messages, facebook, twitter, and of course since everyone else has it; BBM.
So to be fair I'll first say what's good about this phone,
Having internet access all the time is very convenient, I'd check the
news through Google or BBC on the way to school, there's an application for AP
that’s also very useful, I've even come across other apps like 'CircleTie' that
locates all restaurants, cafes, and cinemas around you, and gives you their address and phone
number.
Since blackberry messenger is free once you subscribe to the blackberry
service, you can endlessly chat to anyone on your list, anywhere in the world
provided they have their blackberry service operating as well.
Sounds convenient right?
Wrong
It's how you willingly open the door to hoards and hoards of spam, just
continuously overflowing you're email inbox, pointless broadcasts about things
you couldn’t care less about, and facebook with all its application
requests. Honestly, twitters, getting
constant updates from people is exactly what I DON’T want from technology.
So you would say if the phone ringing so much is so annoying, why not
put the phone on silent?
Out of 20 times your phone rings, only once or twice does it actually
concern you, and if you got this phone for work purposes, needing to send
emails back and forth between your boss and peers, it defeats the damn purpose
if you don’t get it instantly.
And some things just weren’t meant to be instant, how am I supposed to
read through 27 emails sent between yesterday and today? For the very first time when I look through
my emails on my laptop, my inbox looks worse than my junk mail.
In conclusion I'll have to admit this phone has been useful at times,
but think of it like bugs in software, it still needs some fining tuning and
tweaking, in this case, for causing severe irritation.
No comments:
Post a Comment